Role and Responsibilities
This is a contract position.
The Marketing and Communications Assistant will create appealing and creative digital content for the company on various social media and web-based platforms. This person will report to CEO and/or designated management team members to generate a social media marketing strategy that will promote client engagement, community engagement, and brand awareness.
The Marketing and Communications Assistant will also be responsible for helping to design and implement a strategic marketing campaign to develop brand awareness, customer relations and manage marketing software.
- Assist with the development of social media content plans that are consistent with the company’s brand identity.
- Create consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns.
- Manage daily/weekly social media posts.
- Use analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite Pro, Instagram, and Facebook Insights to monitor and evaluate the company’s social media presence and performance.
- Update the company’s webpage with current and relevant content.
- Performing other duties when needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Possess at least a high school diploma with experience in social media marketing, advertising, or other similar experience.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, computer skills, and content creation.
- Experience in building and updating web pages and web content.
- Knowledge of creating brand awareness and social media strategies that will drive sales.
- Knowledge in ad-serving technologies.
- Experience in campaign management.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, and the ability to multitask, work under pressure, and work well independently and in a team setting.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure of the English language structure, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Analyzing Data or Information - Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Interacting With Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.